Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Getting the Kymco Super 8 (Part 2: The Caloocan Experience)

(Continued from: Part1: Serious Buyer?)

Over at 10th Ave. Caloocan, it felt like the "Banawe" of motorcycles as the entire street was lined with shops and stalls of all sizes selling bikes, gear and all sorts of accessories (though I doubt if all of them are genuine).


I went to another "prominent" store which distributes Kymco Motorcycles and asked around. What a big difference in service! Well, they don't have A/C, it was dusty, and noisy with all the motos driving by. But the place was great and the nice sales lady was very accomodating asking which model we liked and if we were buying in cash or installment.


Getting via financing was appealing with a low downpayment and even lower monthly amortization. It was like paying for your celphone bill. The catch was they required several documents, you'll undergo a certain C.I., and if approved, then you come back another day to claim the unit. Now, this feels more like buying a car (without the snacks at the lounge).


Then by chance, I asked if they accepted credit cards (which even the other prominent shop did not accept). And they said, YES! And they even have a Promo! The promo goes like this:
  • No Documents Required  (Well, they asked if they can photocopy my driver's license)
  • No Downpayment
  • 0% Interest for 12 Months on the Unit Price (Though I think they give a discount for outright cash sale so the unit price for card sale is a bit higher)

For real? I was skeptical at first and thought it was a scam. Well until I gave my card and they asked us to inspect the unit as they installed the battery and loaded some gas.


That was a great deal. I didn't give pay any cash out whatsoever for that sale. And that really made my day.



OSW
--

No comments:

Post a Comment