Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Keeping my Hands Dry

I recently got myself a Givi Rainsuit, and it was great. It kept me dry, well, at least most of me.

When I finished my first ride in the rain, my hands felt cold. Then I realized, they weren't cold because of the weather, they were cold because they were wet!

The rain had soaked my gloves. It's not a big problem except if you need to use them again before they were completely dry. The thought of donning wet gloves, which felt like putting on wet socks, wasn't the least bit appealing.

Then I thought of getting waterproof gloves, but didn't know where to get them. Also, I wasn't willing to spend another thousand bucks or more, on another set of gloves just for the rain. Then, as I went to the mall and looked around at the hardware section, I found a great solution.

For 134.75 pesos, I had waterproof gloves which didn't look like I was dissecting something, or going to wash clothes. They were industrial grade, thicker than the usual rubber gloves and had a grippy texture. They extended far from the wrist so they overlap the rainsuit cuffs well, keeping the rain out. As with the rainsuit, I got several sizes larger so they fit nicely over my regular riding gloves.




UPDATE: (July 18, 2012)
This is how it turned out.
Sweet.



OSW
--

No comments:

Post a Comment