Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My First Practical Ride

It's a Monday, had no night class and as I'd logged about 60 kilometers riding around the neighborhood, I decided to bring the scoot to work. Started early at about 7am to avoid the rush hour traffic. It was a little challenging riding on open roads but you quickly get the hang of it. Even more so as there are few cars on the road and it was a nice, bright day.

I rode as if I was driving a car. Stayed on my lane the entire time while other motorcycles whizzed by along the gutter and sidewalk. I was actually worried that I was pissing off the cars as I may have been a bit slow.

Had a really busy day at work and it was raining the whole afternoon. But I was determined to ride the scoot back home today. This was a practice run of my planned daily commute to night class. At least today I wasn't hurrying to arrive on time.

As it was raining, I thought of getting a raincoat of some sort and scouted around where I could get one today. But that is stuff for another post.

The ride home was bit gruelling, being already tired from a day at the office, with the slippery roads from the rains that day, compounded with the heavy traffic.

Nevertheless, I managed the ride home safely, albeit with some close calls, nearly falling off the bike.

At home, I felt pretty good with today's ride. Had a boost of energy so I started cleaning off the mud on the bike and did eventually wash the entire bike.

Pretty happy on my first day. Cheers!


OSW
--

No comments:

Post a Comment